Monday, February 3, 2014

Anonymous

Sex is a very integral part of a marriage.  It's important, not only for keeping a couple connected but also for maintaining an uplifting environment in the home.  Marriage was made for sex and sex was made for marriage, but this doesn't mean it will be easy.  There are so many things that can go wrong in a sexual relationship!  Since it is such an intimate thing we need to become so vulnerable to participate.  That vulnerability can be scary!  It also leads to feelings getting hurt, differences in opinion on what is enjoyable and vastly different libidos. 

I want to be very open about the problems that existed (and still do exist) in my marriage.  That can be difficult to do when the topic is so taboo.  I have talked with my husband about wanting to blog on this subject and he has graciously allowed me to do so as long as it can't get back to the people we know that this is about us.  I feel this is reasonable.  After all, I really don't want everybody and his mother's uncle knowing all the knitty gritty details of our very private life, let alone there being the potential for our parents and even our kids to read this!  We do see the value in being able to use our experiences and hardships as an example (be it a good or bad example) of how, no matter how bleak it might seem, there is still hope.  So an anonymous blog it must be.  So if some of the details seem a little like someone you know, or you get an idea that you could possibly figure out who is writing this, I ask that you respect our wishes to remain anonymous. 

If you do have questions or concerns, need a shoulder to cry on, a prayer partner for your marriage, a sounding board for your situation or even just want to let me know that you relate to what's been said you can feel free to email the blog at marriagemrs@gmail.com

I would also like to state for the record that I am not a therapist or a councillor.  What I am is a woman who has read many books, participated in lots of therapy, lived through many experience, learned many lessons, made many mistakes and is willing to search for the answers to the many things I don't know.  I want to walk along side struggling women and assist them in living their best, most God honoring and happiest life!  I know we can get there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment